We’re excited to welcome two new senior leaders to our team:
Saba El-Hilo has joined Neo as Vice President, Software Engineering, bringing a track record of innovation, leading technical strategy, and building high-performing teams. She previously worked as Senior VP of Engineering and Data at Unbounce, and at innovative companies including Etsy, Hootsuite, Signal Sciences (now Fastly), and Mapbox.
Tim Morris is Neo’s new Vice President and Head of Deposits and Investments. He joins Neo after growing Tangerine Bank’s deposits and investments business to rival the Big 6 banks while achieving the industry’s highest customer satisfaction rankings. Before that, Tim held executive roles at Scotiabank and has an extensive background in digital banking and wealth management.
Saba and Tim will help Neo’s growing team accelerate its mission to build a better financial future for Canadians.
“Neo has developed some of the best tech in the financial sector, and I’m excited to build on that work to help customers get more value out of every dollar. With a deep bench of talented tech professionals, we have an extraordinary opportunity to transform financial services for the better.” — Saba El-Hilo
“I’m thrilled to be joining Neo to help build the future of finance in Canada. The team has achieved tangible momentum in its deposits business, and I can’t wait to help drive that success to new heights.” — Tim Morris
In recent months, Neo has:
- Launched the Neo High-Interest Savings account: with a stable 4% interest rate¹ on every dollar saved — more than 2x the highest base rate offered by the big banks², and 4x the average of leading competitors³
- Launched the Cathay World Elite® Mastercard®, the first Canadian premium card with a secured credit version tailored to new Canadians.
- Expanded the Neo rewards network to more than 12,000 merchant partners across Canada, from local coffee shops to national retailers — offering customers an average of 5% cashback³⁴ on their purchases.
- Helped Canadians beat inflation by boosting rewards³⁴ to include 3% cashback on gas and groceries⁴⁵, average 6% cashback on dining and food delivery, 3% at retail partners, and 4% on streaming and rideshare services.
- Partnered with Junior Achievement (JA) Canada to bring financial learning to life for young Canadians with the JA Money card and JA Knowledge Hub—powered by Neo. (November 2023)
Do you want to help build a better financial future for all Canadians?
Check out open positions at neofinancial.com/careers.
¹ Interest is calculated daily on the total closing balance and paid monthly. Rates are per annum and subject to change without notice.
² Based on research of high-interest savings accounts, comparing and limited to: BMO, CIBC, Scotiabank, TD Bank, RBC, Simplii Financial, and Tangerine. Research conducted by Neo Financial and based on data taken from public websites on November 27, 2023. Research excludes welcome offers.
³ Average based on current offers at select partners. Cashback earn may be subject to minimum spend threshold. There may be monthly limits for boosted cashback offers. Terms and conditions apply. For more information, visit the Neo App. Cashback may be limited and varies by perks, offer, and partner.
⁴ Based on the maximum $300 category spending per month. Cashback may be limited and varies by perks, offer, and partner. There may be monthly limits for boosted cashback offers. For more information, visit the Neo App.
The Neo High-Interest Savings account is provided by Peoples Bank of Canada.
The JA Money card is a prepaid Mastercard® issued by Neo Financial pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The JA Money card is powered by the Neo Everyday account, which is provided by Peoples Bank of Canada.
The Cathay World Elite® Mastercard® is issued by Neo Financial™ pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated.
Mastercard, World Elite, and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.